Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric mov’d:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
Such characters in colour dim I mark’d
Over a portal’s lofty arch inscrib’d:
Whereat I thus: Master, these words import.
Dante Alighieri 1306-1321
via Abandon hope all ye who enter here – meaning and origin..
Like other metals, brass can be recycled indefinitely. In fact, this alloy is one of the most recycled metals in the world, primarily because recycling is far more cost effective than making new brass from the raw materials. Recycling brass items is only problematic for an individual because most recycling centres focus on the metals used for food and drink packaging, mainly steel and aluminium. You normally need to look a bit further afield to recycle brass. On the plus side, you can usually sell your old brass items, thereby making a little extra money while you go green.
via How to Recycle Brass | eHow UK.
The study previously found that some property managers were engaging contractors on the basis of how much commission they would earn for themselves, rather than the value for money they would provide.
“Many property managers provide a good service to leaseholders, but protection against the worst failures by property managers is vital, because when problems do occur, they have a major impact on leaseholders,” said Rachel Merelie, a senior director at the CMA who led the study.
The report recommends:
- Property managers should set out clear improvement plans, justifying all charges and any commission they are earning. They should also disclose any corporate relationships with contractors or landlords
- There should be a new mediation service, to prevent leaseholders having to go to court if they are unhappy about the level of charges
- Flat-buyers should be given more information about service charges and ground rent when they get the property details from the estate agent.
- via BBC News – Flat owners should be given new rights, concludes CMA.
What works? We do for you joining the Greenboxworks Club. We give a weekly collection for the joining fee of £1 a week which is a discount of 1/3 to start. Membership is recalculated every 3 months so no long-term commitments. This memberships also allows you to earn from the Greensacks we provide your neighbours to win more waste:
- more is upcycled:
- more recycling:
- money for a local school or pays for your membership.
Less waste to Veolia who profit from you carrying waste to their Black Communal Bins.If more than 1/2 your street joins in we can start asking the tax you pay for waste collection perhaps £4000 per year for a street of 80 homes! be used to support thiś scheme.
via What we do.